Rebecca J. Rasmussen
Practice AreasBusiness Litigation Labor & Employment Intellectual Property and Technology Real Estate and Construction
Rebecca J. Rasmussen is an associate at Manning Curtis Bradshaw & Bednar. Ms. Rasmussen’s litigation practice focuses on helping businesses deal with complex commercial disputes and employment law matters. During the course of her J.D./M.B.A., Ms. Rasmussen worked with Adobe, Inc. on digital privacy and compliance issues, including on matters related to GDRP and CPRA compliance. Prior to that, Ms. Rasmussen also worked as a law clerk for Woodbury Corporation, focusing her work on primarily commercial real estate matters, and as a Senior Student Associate with the Sorenson Impact Center working on matters related to social impact investing.
Before attending law school, Ms. Rasmussen spent more than six years working at the intersection of digital marketing, business, and politics. Specifically, Ms. Rasmussen spent more than a year working in Washington, D.C. with a political marketing firm and also working on political campaigns and in the federal government. Meanwhile, Ms. Rasmussen also worked for several years in local politics in Utah, including working for a local lobbying firm during the 2015 and 2016 legislative sessions and working as a media relations and finance associate with a high-profile statewide ballot initiative in 2014. During this same time, Ms. Rasmussen likewise worked extensively in digital and social media marketing for start-up companies and large corporations alike–and Ms. Rasmussen’s marketing efforts notably led one small business to attain nearly 3,500 percent growth in its online presence in less than three years.
In short, Ms. Rasmussen brings a unique and multifaceted perspective to her litigation practice, which allows her to better serve her clients. When Ms. Rasmussen is not working, she enjoys traveling, hot yoga, powerlifting, and spending time with her husband and goldendoodle puppy.
- J.D., S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah, with high honors (2019)
- Traynor Moot Court, Runner-up Best Brief 2018
- National Moot Court Team
- Articles Editor, Utah Law Review
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing
- M.B.A., Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah (2019)
- Student Associate, Lassonde New Venture Development Center
- Senior Student Associate, Sorenson Impact Center
- Winner of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative 2019
- B.S., University of Utah (2015)
- Business Marketing
Licenses and Admissions
- Utah (2020)
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- White House Internship, Office of the First Lady Michelle Obama (2013)